Monday, June 16, 2008

UGH.

Meter base in it's permanent location. (This is the second place we have had it.) Disconnects in place. Stone and slate front steps. Awesome!


Progress is dragging on the house these days. I have decided I really need to take a long vacation after this is all over. However, that may just be in a tent in our new backyard and a run through a sprinkler!

Our electrical rough-in inspection finally passed today-thank the Lord! We spent Saturday and Father's Day putting 12/2 wire in the dining room that only calls for 14/2 wire just because the inspector said so. It cost us time, money, and a whole lot of trouble for something not even in the electrical code book. Did you know that you don't have to be certified in the trade you inspect for Henrico County but just have to pass a test? Maybe I could go be an inspector! I plan on writing a LONG and very sweet letter to Henrico County after this is all done.

The veneer and framing inspection should be done tomorrow. We have an engineer coming out to okay the framing as well. The stone is completed and looks amazing!




No comments: